A very rare opportunity for a discerning buyer to purchase this exceptional, substantial & versatile 8 bedroom Grade II period residence. Grounds of approximately 2 acres. 4000sqft house, large barn plus self contained lodge. Requires repair and updating. Woodland, lawns and private driveway. A viewing is essential and highly recommended.
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Dales & Shires – Estate Agents are very pleased to offer for sale this impressive, substantial and versatile Grade II listed family residence, with scope for development, annex or additional rental income (subject to required permissions). Offering an exciting lifestyle opportunity and set in grounds of approximately 2 acres with barns & outbuildings. Conveniently located in this established village close to transport links, attractive countryside, bridal paths, walks and RSPB Blacktoft Sands nature reserve. The main house is divided into two separable parts, totalling 8 bedrooms, 5 receptions and 2 kitchens. Externally there is a gated private drive, extensive lawns, turning circle, woodland, substantial outbuildings, patios and a self contained lodge. Featuring: large solar PV feed in system, fireplaces, oil heating, electric storage heating, a storage cellar, coving, high ceilings, spacious rooms, sash windows and scope to update to personal tastes. We anticipate this property will appeal to a variety of discerning buyers and we advise an early viewing to appreciate the location, size, gardens, character, layout and potential.
Situated on the edge of Swinefleet, this convenient rural village location is within easy reach of major transport links and having a wide choice of shops, pubs, post offices, well regarded schools and recreational facilities within the surrounding villages and towns. Goole, Selby, Scunthorpe, Leeds, Hull and Doncaster are within easy reach and offer a further choice of amenities, recreation/leisure facilities and transport links. The A1, M18, M180, M62 and M1 are all easily accessible making this area a popular choice for commuters.
Sat Nav location: DN14 8AJ.
- GROUND FLOOR - FRONT
Reception hall with main stairs to the first floor, lounge, dining room, snug, dining kitchen, rear lobby, WC and pantry.
- GROUND FLOOR – REAR
Entrance hall with additional staircase, lounge, kitchen, dining room, utility, WC and store cupboard. Cellars under the lounge.
- FIRST FLOOR – FRONT
Large landing, 4 bedrooms and bathroom. Connecting door from landing to:
- FIRST FLOOR - REAR
3 double bedrooms, box room, large landing, large bathroom and linen store.
- ‘ORCHARDS’ – LODGE
Lounge, kitchen, double bedroom and shower room. LPG boiler.
An impressive additional feature of this property is the substantial brick built barn. In need of some repair and refurbishment. 1500 sqft footprint with large loft rooms. Providing storage rooms, former stables and workshop.
The property enjoys a private and secluded position with open farmland views on the edge of the village. There is secure gated vehicular access onto a long private drive, leading to a parking area and turning circle. There are extensive lawn areas, patios, woodland areas, shrubs, vegetable plots, a chicken enclosure with coop, outside storage rooms. These gardens are ideal for families, equestrian enthusiast and those wishing to become more self-sufficient, and total approximately 2 acres.
- AGENT’S NOTES
We await details relating to the solar PV system and any required permissions relating to the lodge and alterations. No systems have been checked and buyers would need to satisfy themselves of any functionality and suitability. The property is proposed as ‘sold as seen’, subject to contract and negotiations.
- LIKE OUR DETAILS? THINKING OF SELLING?
If you have a property to sell we would love to hear from you. Dales & Shires Estate Agents sell successfully throughout Yorkshire, Cumbria and surrounding counties. If you are thinking of selling we would be delighted to provide free and no-obligation marketing advice. Call Dales & Shires Estate Agents on 01423 20 60 60. Based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire we cover a large geographical area and successfully market all types of property in all price ranges, with a particular speciality in period property, individual homes & rural properties. We offer competitive sales fees on a ‘no-sale no-fee’ basis, with no long contract tie-ins and no hidden extra charges. Our clients enjoy exceptional marketing, successful sales and a friendly service from our experienced staff. Call us or visit our website dalesandshires.com for further details.
- WHERE WE COVER:
We successfully handle the sale of properties throughout Yorkshire, Cumbria and surrounding counties. We cover the following postcode areas: HG, LS, YO, DL, DN, WF, BD, HX, HD, S, LA, CA. To view this property or to arrange a FREE valuation appraisal of your own property please call us on 01423 20 60 60.
- GROUND FLOOR
- Reception Hall25' 3'' x 6' 10'' (7.69m x 2.08m) widening to 9'5"
- Front Lounge24' 3'' x 13' 5'' (7.39m x 4.09m) into bay.
- Sitting Room14' 10'' x 14' 8'' (4.52m x 4.47m)
- Snug11' 6'' x 9' 6'' (3.50m x 2.89m) into cupboards.
- Dining Kitchen16' 4'' x 13' 9'' (4.97m x 4.19m)
- Rear Hall20' 4'' x 4' 11'' (6.19m x 1.50m) widening to 8'8"
- Rear Lounge20' 5'' x 14' 11'' (6.22m x 4.54m) average.
- Rear Kitchen/Breakfast Room20' 3'' x 9' 2'' (6.17m x 2.79m)
- Rear Dining Room11' 0'' x 9' 8'' (3.35m x 2.94m)
- Utility11' 0'' x 10' 0'' (3.35m x 3.05m)
- FIRST FLOOR
- Bedroom 114' 11'' x 14' 10'' (4.54m x 4.52m)
- Bedroom 215' 0'' x 13' 2'' (4.57m x 4.01m)
- Bedroom 316' 5'' x 12' 3'' (5.00m x 3.73m)
- Bedroom 49' 0'' x 9' 1'' (2.74m x 2.77m)
- Bathroom11' 9'' x 6' 1'' (3.58m x 1.85m)
- Bedroom 517' 0'' x 12' 4'' (5.18m x 3.76m)
- Bedroom 614' 6'' x 13' 11'' (4.42m x 4.24m)
- Bedroom 716' 11'' x 8' 0'' (5.15m x 2.44m)
- Bedroom 8/Box Room7' 8'' x 7' 1'' (2.34m x 2.16m)
- Rear Bathroom14' 2'' x 10' 1'' (4.31m x 3.07m)
- THE ORCHARD
- Lounge15' 0'' x 13' 4'' (4.57m x 4.06m)
- Kitchen13' 4'' x 10' 2'' (4.06m x 3.10m)
- Bedroom13' 4'' x 12' 9'' (4.06m x 3.88m)
- Shower Room7' 10'' x 7' 0'' (2.39m x 2.13m)
- Garage18' 5'' x 9' 8'' (5.61m x 2.94m)
- Store17' 10'' x 7' 1'' (5.43m x 2.16m)
- Workshop22' 3'' x 17' 1'' (6.78m x 5.20m)
- Stables17' 5'' x 17' 4'' (5.30m x 5.28m)
- Room17' 0'' x 10' 2'' (5.18m x 3.10m)
- Room12' 8'' x 11' 1'' (3.86m x 3.38m)
- Room13' 0'' x 6' 2'' (3.96m x 1.88m)
- Room13' 3'' x 11' 10'' (4.04m x 3.60m)
- GARDEN STORES
- Room 117' 3'' x 9' 3'' (5.25m x 2.82m)
- Room 29' 2'' x 7' 4'' (2.79m x 2.23m)