SUBSTANTIAL FREEHOLD REDEVELOPMENT SITE FOR SALEOffers in Excess of £950,000
Under OfferKeates Hulme - 01782 84708300002111
- Former Medical Buildings & Land
- Suitable for Conversion or Redevelopment
- Site Area Approx. 1.1 Acres
- Onsite Parking
- Commercial Energy Performance Band C, Rating 65
- Please Ask One of Our Advisors For Further Details
The main building was constructed around 1900 having brick walls and a pitched slated roof and boasts many period features including sash windows with stained glass heads, feature fireplaces, timber panelling and an ornate timber staircase. It is arranged on three floors with a lower ground floor, ground floor and first floor. There are a number of consulting rooms, offices and toilets throughout together with staff facilities and the building is fully carpeted tastefully decorated and centrally heated. There is an attractive balcony bay window to one of the first floor consulting rooms and two of the rooms have cloakroom facilities.
The modern building accommodating the MRI scanner and consulting rooms is located to the rear right hand side of the site and is brick built with a curved roof. It is partitioned internally to provide a corridor and waiting area, scanning and X Ray areas, changing and consulting rooms and is linked to the main building.
There is ample dedicated parking on the site both surfaced and unsurfaced.
There is a shared driveway serving the building to the right of the entrance and also land to the rear.
Newcastle-under-Lyme is a market town in North Staffordshire, has a population of 74,000 in the town and 122,000 in the Borough and is served by the M6 motorway to the south and west of Newcastle and by the A500 road to the north and east. There are access points from the M6 at junctions 15 and 16, to the south and north respectively. The A34 trunk road runs through Newcastle from north to south. Keele University is situated 3 miles to the west and the town is a focal point for its 7,000 plus students.
The property is a medical consultation and screening centre housed in two buildings standing in substantial mature grounds of around 1.1 acres situated in a very popular and affluent area of Newcastle under Lyme in one of the most desirable locations in the Borough. It would lend itself to conversion and development or total redevelopment subject to planning and it certain to be of interest to residential and care home developers.
Areas measure to Net Internal Area.
- Main Building
- Lower Ground Floor
- Office53.49 sq m (576 sq ft)
- Store11.58 sq m (125 sq ft)
- Switch Room2.98 sq m (32 sq ft)
- Ground Floor
- Reception45.6 Sq m (491 sq ft)
- Waiting Room12.86 sq m (138 sq ft)
- Office / Consulting28.64 sq m (308 sq ft)
- Consulting Room30.7 sq m (330 sq ft)
- Kitchenette2.94 sq m (32 sq ft)
- Consulting Room1.55 sq m (210 sq ft)
- WC / Cloakroom3.3 sq m (36 sq ft)
- Office6.19 sq m (67 sq ft)
- Consulting Room17.81 sq m (192 sq ft)
- Consulting Room16.47 sq m (177 sq ft)
- Male and Female WC
- Store9.70 sq m (104 sq m)
- Store6.2 sq m (67 sq m)
- First Floor
- Consulting Room13.45 sq m (145 sq m)
- Waiting Room12.68 sq m (136 sq m)
- Balcony Room27.31 sq m (294 sq ft)
- Consulting Room28.42 sq m (306 sq ft)
- W.C. and Shower Room
- Office19.29 sq m (208 sq ft)
- Staff Room15.78 sq m (170 sq ft)
- Store2.74 sq m (29 sq ft)
- Second Floor Attic
- Three Rooms37.09 sq m (399 sq ft)
- MRI Block
- Plant Room10.77 sq m (116 sq ft)
- Office7.32 sq m (79 sq ft)
- Office6.66 sq m (72 sq ft)
- Treatment Room17.09 sq m (184 sq ft)
- Scanner Room31.07 sq m (334 sq ft)
- Changing Rooms7.67 sq m (83 sq ft)
- Waiting Area / Corridor83.19 sq m (895 sq ft)
- X Ray26.73 sq m (288 sq ft)
- Consulting Rooms46.01 sq m (495 sq ft)
- Total NIA66.1.28 sq m (7118 sq ft)
- Rateable Value
£48,000. Purchasers are advised to make their own enquiries to Newcastle Borough Council with regard to rates payable and reliefs.
Offers of over £1.25m are invited for the freehold interest on a conditional basis. All equipment and machinery will be removed prior to the sale.
To view this, or any other of our properties, please call 01782 413580.If you would like to discuss this property and/or your specific requirements we strongly urge you to call us prior to viewing the property. If you are traveling long distances or are taking time off work this could save you time and money. Viewings strictly by appointment with the joint agents.
VAT may be payable on the purchase price; purchasers should make enquiries at legal stage.
Altus Group and Keates Hulme for themselves and the owners give notice that these particulars do not constitute, nor constitute any part of an offer or contract. All statements contained in these particulars are made without responsibility on the part of Altus Group Keates Hulme or the owners. None of the statements contained in these particulars are to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any intending purchaser must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars. The vendor does not make or give and neither Altus Group Keates Hulme nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.