Offered for sale is this versatile detached cottage of character occupying a delightful rural position with large well established gardens, outbuildings, ample parking and fabulous views. The property offers generous family accommodation, yet lends itself to be separated for an independent living area within the main house.
- Accommodation comprises
Oak front door to
- Entrance Hall
Oak flooring, access to Kitchen, square opening to
- Inner Hall
Staircase leading to First Floor, archway to
- Sitting Room18' 0'' x 13' 3'' (5.48m x 4.04m)
Log burner, bay window overlooking garden. Door and steps lead to Living Room, staircase leads to original First Floor Landing.
- Kitchen10' 8'' x 9' 5'' (3.25m x 2.87m)
Fitted with range of units, work surface, sink unit, space for appliances. Door to
- Garden Room9' 3'' x 6' 2'' (2.82m x 1.88m)
Access to WC
- Living Room16' 9'' x 18' 8'' (5.10m x 5.69m)
Staircase leads to second First Floor Landing, fireplace, windows to front and rear, double doors to Porch, further door to
- Kitchen/Dining Room13' 0'' x 10' 0'' (3.96m x 3.05m)
Fitted with range of units, work surfaces, space for appliances, access to Utility Area, double doors to
- Lean-to/Study24' 7'' x 6' 3'' (7.49m x 1.90m)
- Utility Area
Gas boiler supplying central heating. Door to Lobby and access to
- Workshop37' 0'' x 21' 10'' (11.27m x 6.65m)
- Original First Floor Landing
Original Landing to Waverley Cottage leads to
- Bedroom 112' 6'' x 10' 2'' (3.81m x 3.10m)
- Bathroom9' 2'' x 5' 3'' (2.79m x 1.60m)
- Second Landing
- Bedroom 211' 11'' x 9' 7'' (3.63m x 2.92m)
- Bedroom 310' 4'' x 9' 9'' (3.15m x 2.97m)
- Bedroom 411' 0'' x 9' 7'' (3.35m x 2.92m)
- Bathroom8' 0'' x 5' 6'' (2.44m x 1.68m)
The property is situated off Pontesbury Hill and approached via Stone Lane which has shared access. The main front garden enjoys a large area of lawn with well stocked borders and excellent views surrounding the property, Summer House and ample parking to the side of the property.
The owners have sold off a section of the garden which has planning consent for a detached dwelling and the driveway will have shared access.
Mains electricity, gas and water are supplied to the property, there is septic tank drainage.
Take the A488 travelling through Hanwood, On entering the one way system in Pontesbury proceed past the bend by church, turning left by the chip shop. Continue along this road which leads up to Pontesbury Hill. Proceed up the hill until the road straightens out and there is a fork in the road, this takes you down to Lower Road and Waverley Cottage is situated at the bottom of the lane.