Christow, Teign Valley£575,000
Sold STCWoods - Chudleigh - 01626 853940DRE00874
- Stunning Teign Valley location
- Former quarry master's cottage with an abundance of charcter
- Cosy yet spacious open plan kitchen dining room
- Large sitting room with adjoining conservatory
- 4 double bedrooms (master en suite)
- Detached two storey home office
- Car port and ample parking
- Beautiful garden over over an acre
- Captivating outlook and views
Oathill Cottage sits at the edge of Dartmoor Nationals Park, with commanding views out over the Teign Valley. This four bedroom 19th century property still contains many of the original features of the quarry masters home that it started out as. The house has a cosy feel, with a large kitchen come dining room, backed up by a larder that utilises the exposed rock the house is built into. Also on the ground floor is a generous sitting room, leading to a light filled conservatory that looks out over the gardens and down onto the paddock containing many specimen trees, providing a constant change of colours throughout the seasons.
On the first floor is the master bedroom and en-suite bathrooom, that also takes advantage of the views down onto the valley, and a second large bedroom, with easy access to the main bathroom. The top floor has two smaller rooms and plenty of attic space for storage. Although it could be properly known as Oathill House, considering the number of rooms, it retains a cottage feel throughout, and is further enhanced by the carefully planted gardens developed over the last 17 years by its current owners.
- Entrance Hall
- Sitting Room19' 4'' x 11' 5'' (5.89m x 3.48m)
- Kitchen/Diner19' 5'' x 14' 2'' (5.91m x 4.31m)
- Utility room10' 0'' x 8' 5'' (3.05m x 2.56m)
- Rear porch10' 5'' x 8' 0'' (3.17m x 2.44m)
- Conservatory18' 1'' x 11' 2'' (5.51m x 3.40m) Max dimension
- Stairs and landing
- Bedroom One19' 9'' x 10' 1'' (6.02m x 3.07m)
- En-suite10' 11'' x 5' 3'' (3.32m x 1.60m)
- Bedroom Two11' 10'' x 9' 10'' (3.60m x 2.99m)
- Family Bathroom7' 11'' x 7' 6'' (2.41m x 2.28m)
- Stairs to upper landing / study area8' 7'' x 9' 3'' (2.61m x 2.82m)
- Bedroom Three8' 7'' x 7' 10'' (2.61m x 2.39m)
- Bedroom Four8' 7'' x 8' 4'' (2.61m x 2.54m)
- Outhouse15' 0'' x 8' 0'' (4.57m x 2.44m) approx
Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
The Agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures and fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for the purpose. A Buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or Surveyor. References to the Tenure of a Property are based on information supplied by the Seller. The Agent has not had sight of the title documents. A Buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor. Items shown in photographs are not included unless specifically mentioned within the sales particulars. They may however be available by separate negotiation. Buyers must check the availability of any property and make an appointment to view before embarking on any journey to see a property.
The Data Protection Act 1998
Please note that all personal information provided by customers wishing to receive information and/or services from the estate agent will be processed by the estate agent and the “Property Sharing Experts” group (Of which it is a member) for the purpose of providing services associated with the business of an estate agent but specifically excluding mailings or promotions by a third party. If you do not wish your personal information to be used for any of these purposes, please notify your estate agent.